Thursday, January 17, 2008

Concert Review

Last night, Stir It Up, a classic by the late Bob Marley was defiled.
It was ritualistically laid upon an altar of shame and perverted before my eyes.
The scene was indescribable, inexpressible, and unbelievable.
Why? Answer me Ivy League, why?
You danced around in your little argyle sweat suits and attempted to sing the words of a much greater man and like the rest of your kind, you failed.
You took a classic and corrupted it.
You took something I hold close to my heart and forever tainted it.
Congratulations, you taint.




And I mean 'taint' in every sense of the word.

4 comments:

Kristy or Josh said...

Thats how I feel every time I look in a mirror.

Logg said...

I've already received questions about what the pictures mean. I would hope everyone could put that together, but I can't expect everyone to have the depth I have. Both pictures are things I love, Bob Marley and In n Out burgers. Both have been corrupted, in the case of Bob, he is now wearing an argyle sweater and In n Out is serving urine (for $1.60! That's an incredible deal.) Just a visual representation of what Ivy League did to Stir It Up that fateful evening.

Joe said...

All I want to know is why you went to an Ivy League show in the first place? You know there is a problem with a band when they go around Provo stenciling their own logo on anything that is seen by other people. I'm so sorry Logan.

donelle said...

In n Out is serving Urine? No too sure how I feel about that.